Thursday – 11.02.21

Today’s Time Table

Morning

• Maths – Measurement: Time
  • Maths: Times Table Rock Stars – Boys vs Girls BATTLE!! (10:30am start!)

Afternoon

• Reading: Book Club – Chapter 6 Stig of The Dump (FINALLY!) 
  • PE – Joe Wickes & Just Dance

Maths

This morning, we are going to have a maths morning! Involving time and times tables. Please see the below for the time sheets (telling the time at 5 minute intervals and 1 minute intervals).

It was lovely to see the children who I managed to get around to yesterday, I will get to the few of you guys that I missed this morning.  Please have a go at the time sheets below. Remember, you don’t need to finish everything!

The sheet below is telling the time to 5-minute intervals, remember these are: 

• 5 minutes past
  • 10 minutes past
  • quarter past
  • 20 minutes past
  • 25 minutes past
  • Half past
  • 25 minutes to
  • 20 minutes to
  • quarter to
  • 10 minutes to
  • 5 minutes to

[embeddoc url=”https://birdwellyear4.edublogs.org/files/2021/02/grade-2-telling-time-5-minute-intervals-a.pdf” download=”all” text=”Download – Worksheet (1)” viewer=”google” ]

The times below are telling the time to the minute. Remember, time before half past is always ‘minutes past’ whereas when we cross half past it becomes to the hour, so, 29 minutes to, 28 minutes to etc. 

[embeddoc url=”https://birdwellyear4.edublogs.org/files/2021/02/grade-2-telling-time-1-minute-intervals-a.pdf” download=”all” text=”Download – Worksheet (2)” viewer=”google” ]

Please login to your Times Table Rock Stars account – I have set up a rock battle for BOYS vs GIRLS. This will start at 10:30am and end at 12:30pm. You can play at any time BUT only points scored between these times count in the battle. 

If you have forgotten your login then let me know and I will email it to you.

Afternoon

Book club: Chapter 6 Stig of The Dump

Go to the book club tab at the top of the blog to see the chapter 6 challenge.

PE 

This afternoon we would like you to end the day with some activity. Exercise gets the blood flowing and increases the amount of oxygen that gets to the brain. It also releases endorphins in the body – providing you with an increase in focus for between 4 to 10 hours (and you will have also deserved your evening rest! whether this is sitting down on the sofa with a cup of tea or gaming!!!!!!)

Here is a list of activities that you may wish to have a go at! You can also take part in your own!