Can we work as a team to design and make a vehicle capable of travelling over a variety of surfaces? Can we design and carry out a test to find out which team made the best vehicle?
The teams will have to:
- Research what features different vehicles designs use to cope with different surfaces
- Contribute ideas & designs of vehicles for the whole team to evaluate
- Decide, as a team, which features of peoples vehicles to use and which to drop
- Learn effective joining techniques so that our vehicles are sturdy and strong
- Design a series of challenges to see how the vehicles cope with different surfaces
- Test the cars and decide which the winning team is
Let’s see how they’re getting on so far:
We are using the I pads to blog.
Welcome to year 3’s brand new blog.
Our blog is an online journal where we can share with you what we are doing in class. If you would like to comment on our posts, click on the post title. Then underneath the pictures and writing is a box that says ‘add comment’. You must have an email address that you can register with us.
Once you have written your comment, it goes to the teacher for moderation and when they approve it, goes live on the site. Comments are a fantastic way of giving positive feedback to the children and giving them an audience to create work for.
Thank you, Mr Bennett